Jackson County Places:  El Toro      

Places

EL TORO, TEXAS. El Toro, at the junction of U. S. Highway 59 and Farm Road 234, four miles east of Edna in Jackson County, had a post office from 1899 to 1900. In 1948 the town had four businesses, and there were thirteen farms in the immediate area. By 1986 the community, located next to the Miller gas field and the Southern Pacific tracks, had a grain elevator and one other business. By the late 1980s El Toro consisted of a smattering of widely dispersed dwellings.

History from the Handbook of Texas Online

El Toro, from Texas railroads, 1900
1936 Map of El Toro from General Highway Map of Jackson County, 1936 View map legend
Map of El Toro from mapquest.com
Map of El Toro, USGS Survey

Postmasters of El Toro

Draper, Jos. W., 11 Jan 1899
Trousdale, Jas. R., 17 Nov 1899
Gross, John W., 21 Sep 1900

Discontinued 15 Oct 1900; papers to Edna

Source:  Postmasters and Post Offices of Jackson County, 1846 - 1930

..

Return to the main page of the Jackson County TXGenWeb site

..

Texas Old Photos 

Texas Biographies

Texas Yearbooks

historictexas.net

familyoldphotos.com

Texas Cemeteries

Calhoun Co. TXGenWeb

Wharton Co. TXGenWeb

Val Verde Co. TXGenWeb

Brown Co. TXGenWeb

Ector Co. TXGenWeb

Presidio Co. TXGenWeb

Culberson Co. TXGenWeb

cottonwoodtexas.com

old-yearbooks.com

All photos, documents and graphics contained in the Jackson County TXGenWeb site are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.  You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission. Space provided by RootsWeb and HistoricTexas.net

.

Copyright 2005-2012 Teri A. Brown,  All rights reserved.