Jackson County Places:  Manson      

Places

MANSON, TEXAS. The site of Manson, two miles from Edna in central Jackson County, was known as Edna Stock Pens as late as 1883. When, however, the Texas and New Orleans Railroad erected a station on the site soon afterward, locals renamed the community that grew up around it Manson, after A. L. Manson, a dispatcher employed by the Southern Pacific line. In 1936 the hamlet consisted of two business establishments, a farmhouse, and a row of dwellings built along U.S. Highway 59. By 1988 Manson had apparently ceased to exist as a community.

History from the Handbook of Texas Online

1936 Map of Manson from General Highway Map of Jackson County, 1936 View map legend

Map of Manson from mapquest.com
Map of Manson, USGS Survey
 

..

Return to the main page of the Jackson County TXGenWeb site

..

Texas Old Photos 

Texas Biographies

Texas Yearbooks

historictexas.net

familyoldphotos.com

Texas Cemeteries

Calhoun Co. TXGenWeb

Wharton Co. TXGenWeb

Val Verde Co. TXGenWeb

Brown Co. TXGenWeb

Ector Co. TXGenWeb

Presidio Co. TXGenWeb

Culberson Co. TXGenWeb

cottonwoodtexas.com

old-yearbooks.com

All photos, documents and graphics contained in the Jackson County TXGenWeb site are copyrighted by the submitter and by this site.  You may not use them elsewhere, whether in print or electronically, without written permission. Space provided by RootsWeb and HistoricTexas.net

.

Copyright 2005-2012 Teri A. Brown,  All rights reserved.